Weight Watching - Worthwhile Worrying?

^ Great example that! :cool: very almost got me a STP, nicely done, totally true upgrading a good bike is the ultimate way to have ya cake and eat it.
Saying that my rough n tumble steel hard tail is still around 30 lbs!

My old Vit-T2 used to be 19.5lb but I broke it so it was probably too light (or I was too heavy :oops: )

IMGP2619.jpg

FluffyChicken":3iesr5iv said:
P.s.
One thing that should never be underestimated with heavy compared to light bikes.
One is much much less painful to get over stiles, fences, gates, carry up a steep hill....

I'm surprised you're the only person to have mentioned this, does everyone else ride routes where they're not regularly doing this?

Also, choice of tyres in the wet makes a big difference in how much extra mud you're carrying along, which adds to the rotational mass.

That's a great point. And just carrying my heavy lumps around the house is back breaking while clubbing myself with wide handlebars! My benchmark is below 30lbs if poss....

reanimation":1ew96j7k said:
That's a great point. And just carrying my heavy lumps around the house is back breaking while clubbing myself with wide handlebars! My benchmark is below 30lbs if poss....

And the bike? :mrgreen:

Back