'97 Kona U'hu Karma/Budget build FINISHED new pics 08/08/13

Re: '97 Kona U'hu Karma/Budget build Updated new pics 06/05/

You must be chuffed to bits with it! If u still need brakes, I have some xt 73x (something) that might fit the bill and I'm not using...

I'm a big fan of keeping things original and I really like the ball burnished finish of the original BUT this orange, especially on the forks is a very nice alternative. I'm interested to hear how these ride, say compared with the more traditional design of a Manomano ;-)

albash82":2z8adgb2 said:
You must be chuffed to bits with it! If u still need brakes, I have some xt 73x (something) that might fit the bill and I'm not using...

Thanks albash82 but i have some XT M739 Vees to go on ;)

al-onestare":itrabdk6 said:
I'm a big fan of keeping things original and I really like the ball burnished finish of the original BUT this orange, especially on the forks is a very nice alternative. I'm interested to hear how these ride, say compared with the more traditional design of a Manomano ;-)

Thanks al
It only got sprayed 'cos it had a dent in the downtube (which you can see in the pics at the start of the thread) so i filled it.There was never any doubt over the colour, my favorite :) (started with the General Lee as a kid).

It was never going to be a stock build. its got to be a rider as its the only bike i have. The whole build has been on a tight budget which i'll list at the end when its finally finished.
Hopefully will be at Mayhem :D

Boo its raining :(

So bring bike into living room for an evening of cabling up & watching GP qualifying :D

Gruff":p6leqknl said:

So bring bike into living room for an evening of cabling up & watching GP qualifying :D

Been there, done that! :D

Who's your favourite?

matt24777":30iqite8 said:
Gruff":30iqite8 said:

Been there, done that! :D

Who's your favourite?

Always been a Button fan.
Can't stand Vettel (too cocky)
same with Alonso
Like Rosberg,Raikonen,Massa & DeResta

Yeah do like Button, but he seems to need the car just so to really perform consistantly.

Alonso has grown on me in the last 2 years.

Lewis, I dunno.... but can still drive a substandard car very quickly.

Can't stand "finger boy" just want to smack him!

Massa, nice to see him going quick again.

Just gotta love Raikkonen though, no frills just fookin fast! "Leave me alone, I know what I'm doing" Classic!

Any update on this? I want to drool over some more pics! :LOL:

Re: '97 Kona U'hu Karma/Budget build Updated new pics 08/08/

matt24777":38f1vo6b said:
Any update on this? I want to drool over some more pics! :LOL:

Sorry matt been a bit lazy taking piccies :roll:

OK it's FINISHED!!!!!

1st outing was Mayhem but it didn't get ridden.

Have now been out on a shakedown ride and discovered the rear mech mounting bush is worn beyond belief :x

Anyone got a spare good M738/9 rear mech ?
Anyway i have now got the forks & rear shock dialled to my weight and she rides really well although may be a tad too big for me, but for the time being its my only ride so will keep it till something else comes along.
I still can't decide whether to put some Bomber stickers on the forks as i quite like them bare.
What do you guys think???

Anyway here's some pics

Back