And today I did......

I bought a spare S/H ice axe to add to the collection :roll: off Ebay a few years ago. Turns out the seller was the same No8 forward who used to ram his head beside my buttocks and grasp my crotch when I was second row scrumming in the school rugby team :shock:

Hawmaw":1f8lrnak said:
How bizarre is this ? ....

I've been looking out for an old cheap 'racer' to use on the National road run in August rather than use the new Felt.
Saw an old Raleigh Europa on ebay only a few miles from me and got it for £33. Ok , it's not the best but I'll easily make a profit when I sell it on after the National.
Anyway , sent the seller a message with my phone number to arrange to pick it up and got a strange text in return. The guy was very friendly , telling me his name and his girlfriends name. Weird I thought. I called him back and he was chatting to me like an old mate. The penny still didnt drop. Doh :oops:
Then it clicked , it turned out the seller is my wifes best friends partner !
Small world indeed ...

Mr Panda":3j6or841 said:
I bought a spare S/H ice axe to add to the collection :roll: off Ebay a few years ago. Turns out the seller was the same No8 forward who used to ram his head beside my buttocks and grasp my crotch when I was second row scrumming in the school rugby team :shock:

Panda did it rekindle anything when yous met? :shock:

Parked the car at the canal basin at Auchinstarry and cycled up the Tak Ma Doon Rd to Carron Valley.

Its about 18 months since I was last there and what a disappointment ! I used to enjoy the climb up through the trees after the wee bridge near the start. It was quite natural feeling single track but they've cut channels down each side of the trail which has been re-laid with flinty hardcore . And all the trees have been butchered either side of the trail leaving it open to the elements and feeling exposed. This abuse has continued all round the trails , many of which , in my opinion, have been ruined. It has been turned into a typical trail centre type trail. (Yes I know it is a trail centre but it lost whatever individuality it had.) There are numerous yumps and bumps added for pump track style action. There's even some at the top of a climb!

Anyway , rant over. The rain came on as I left CV. In just a few seconds it was coming down in stair rods. By the time I slogged to the top of the Tak Ma Doon there was a horizontal gale blowing snow , sleet and hail straight at me ! Strangely I was taking a perverse delight in the whole thing. The few car drivers who passed must have wondered who the grinning idiot was :D

Hawmaw":22fz25zx said:
slogged to the top of the Tak Ma Doon there was a horizontal gale blowing snow , sleet and hail straight at me ! Strangely I was taking a perverse delight in the whole thing. The few car drivers who passed must have wondered who the grinning idiot was :D

:LOL: :LOL: I feel your pleasure mate, good effort that's a nice run

Back