Help Need with my PACE...

PACERC250T

Retro Guru
OK, I know this is usually a bit of a personal thing but I would appreciate your combined thoughts on my last :roll: modifications on my PACE

I thought I'd finally finished it after 4 years of mods (yeah right...) but then came along a set of red Tomac Magura HS33s and a pair of red bars over the weekend and it got me thinking....

Red or Black?!

The black Race Face stem won't fit the bars, as they only grip at the edges and these bars have a narrow 'hump'. Plus I thought I'd get something a bit different on the stem front in aluminium to fit the red bars. The red Maguras haven't arrived, so I don't know how they'll look yet. If they look wrong, they'll go on the San Andreas with the cross link forks as I originally planned

So what's your thoughts RetroBike folk?

1) leave it all black with yellow Maguras as it was
2) go red bars with yellow Maguras and ali stem
3) go red bars ali stem and red Maguras
4) something else

The decision is yours :?

Attachments

• Red headset.jpg
    Red headset.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 267
  • Red or black 1.jpg
    Red or black 1.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 267
  • With red bars 1.jpg
    With red bars 1.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 267
  • With red bars 3.jpg
    With red bars 3.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 267
corsarob":248glm7s said:
number 3. ;) ;)

As my mate says, there's no such thing as too tarty... ;)

Thought I'd better add a photo of the whole bike to give you a better idea of what it all looks like...

The first photo was taken a week ago after a day out at Brechfa on the Raven (so, not a garage Queen then...). The second was taken tonight :cool:

Attachments

• With red bars 6.jpg
    With red bars 6.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 251
  • After Brechfa.jpg
    After Brechfa.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 251
The trouble with going for red bars and red maguras is that the red of the maguras will make the bars look pink. I concur with the above, black bars and red maguras.

Back