South Bound's 'Yet another white Kona SS'

South Bound

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Just got a pic of my '94 Explosif, so thought I would put it on. Needs a new bar and some odds and sods, but this is about it for the Kona. It is only really a commuting bike anyway. Enjoyed doing it, and it has inspired me to want to do a proper job (so all of you stop bidding on that bl**dy Funk!)

Frame: 94 Kona Explosif

Fork: Superstar Carbon Rigid (I really like these, apart from the decal)

Headset: Syncros FR2
Stem: Outland (Syncros to fit)
Handlebar: Easton EA50 riser (but want a flat one)
Grips: Yeti
Barends: Kanckered Onza

Brakes: XT V Brakes
Brake Pads: Whatever is lying around
Brake Cables: Standard
Cantilever cable hangers: N/A
Brake Levers: XT

Shifters: NA - Singlespeed
Front Derailleur: NA
Rear Derailleur: NA
Derailleur Cables: NA
Cassette: NA
Chain: Cheap
Cranks: Truvativ Isoflow SS (Cheap, but love the way it looks)
Crank Bolts: Standard
Chainrings: 44T
Chainring bolts: N/A
Bottom Bracket: Powerspline
Pedals: Shimano blah with Powergrips

Hub Skewers: Original XT
Rims: Mavic
Hubs: Original XT
Nipples: N/K
Spokes: N/K
Tyres: Slicks
Tubes: black uns!

Saddle: Flite
Seatpost: Old Syncros
Seatpost Binder: Original Kona

Weight: unknown

Attachments

• SB 94 Explosif.JPG
    SB 94 Explosif.JPG
    126.9 KB · Views: 2,236
I like it! always been a huge cannondale (retro) fan and fat tubes have always been best to me, but i love this, think i'm off to join the hoards of people waiting for an explosif frame on ebay!

Looks great. I love the simplicity of single speed white Konas.

Sadly my white project needs gears to get me up and down the hills to work, in a state where I can actually do something.

Got to get it on the scales I guess around 20lb.

Can't wait to finish mine this week. Pic's soon.

Fenton":1kabafvh said:
I like it! always been a huge cannondale (retro) fan and fat tubes have always been best to me, but i love this, think i'm off to join the hoards of people waiting for an explosif frame on ebay!
Well there don't seem to be hoards of people waiting for this one, even though it's the supposedly most sought-after of the lot in 853 - failed to meet its reserve previously, not there yet this time either. A bit tatty maybe, but if anyone wants a white Explosif, tatty paint ripe for respraying is what you're looking for.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :IT&ih=018

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
lol
Seat clamp is on back to front

At least it is on, I am impressed I remembered where it went!

Trouble is, it makes bugger all difference, but now I want to rush out and change it

I love white bikes now. I kid came into our work on a white Whyte 19, it looked awesome. Gota get me some white bike action.

Back