where to get a part for my campag rear derailleur?

LukeFRC

Dirt Disciple
Hello again.... most my questions have been answered just using the google search box up top right... but this one not...

I've a rear derailleur, this one
P1050652_zpsf80e16d8.jpg

which is great - except the fella I got it from had lost the bolt and washer that tie the cable down.... not the one with the adjuster the one that secures it. Now I figured it would be a fairly standard part standard diameter bolt, hex fixing on the top and some kind of retaining bolt, but according to my LBS (who hadn't seen the mech) it's not.... so where would I buy something like that? can I scrounge something off a shimano fixing?

Since it is a relatively new derailleur you may be able to get parts from Campagnolo (try the LBS again.) or you could try to source it on Ebay but be prepared to pay for the privilege.

woooo

so went into my LBS and the fella said that without seeing the derailleur he didn't have a clue, well realised that it was easy enough to unscrew the thing and stick it in my bag today and pop in after work.
Turns out they had an old one he scrounged off another campag derailleur they had in a spares bin - cost me nout! all hail the LBS - in this case Woodrup Cycles, Kirkstall Rd, Leeds

:)

thanks y'all for you replies too!

Back