Cinelli m71

• Thread starter Deleted member 24574
  • Start date
Just in case anyone doesn't know what they are................

Attachments

• CinelliM71Cat1980.3.A.jpg
    CinelliM71Cat1980.3.A.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 434
  • CinelliM71Cat1980.2.A.jpg
    CinelliM71Cat1980.2.A.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 434
  • CinelliM71Cat1980.1.A.jpg
    CinelliM71Cat1980.1.A.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 434
Montello":35ipc77g said:
Have you used them ned?

No - and I don't fancy trying them for ordinary road use. OK for time trialling and track where (hopefully!) there is no need for frequent unclipping but for general use I could see that they would be awkward at the very least.

They were quite popular in the 70's with time triallists but I stayed with clips and straps!

Hi Montello

I used these pedals for time trialling during the early Eighties. Very comfortable platform but with no float whatsoever so cleat position was critical, and from memory they were a little dicey to get out of too. I later switched to the Adidas Systeme Three pedal and shoe system before moving on to Look and then to Time in 1987...

I still have two sets of M71 pedals somewhere. One pair NOS and one pair that was set about by a Dental Technician friend of mine that ground and polished them to make them prettier, lighter and more aerodynamic.

I'll have a dig and see if I can't find them when I get a minute...

I used a pair of these B.I.T.D. They held you in like a vice, once you got them set up right they rode very well............ until one day I washed out on a gravel corner, I managed to get one foot out but the bike rotated my right knee through what seemed like 180 degrees at the time. Was on a country road that was not too busy and I had to manoeuvre myself until I could reach my shoe and undid that, just as I was nearly finished a couple came along in a car and helped me up..... They said the pedals looked like death traps :LOL: :LOL: Only used them for TT'ing after that ;)

Citoyen du monde":19a8u0ag said:
I used them on a trike and they were great. On a trike they do not cause any difficulties.
smiley-laughing021.gif
:facepalm:

Personally I wouldn't get any! I used a set for 6 months and ruined my leather soled Sidi's trying to align the cleats up.

Ian Raleigh":1dk1rins said:
Personally I wouldn't get any! I used a set for 6 months and ruined my leather soled Sidi's trying to align the cleats up.

If you don't know how to align shoe plates, you can indeed ruin soles, but like anything in life, incompetence ruins most experiences. If you read the detailed installation instructions and use a minimum of common sense, you cannot mis-install the Cinelli shoe plates

Citoyen du monde":2d3pyffz said:
Ian Raleigh":2d3pyffz said:
If you don't know how to align shoe plates, you can indeed ruin soles, but like anything in life, incompetence ruins most experiences. If you read the detailed installation instructions and use a minimum of common sense, you cannot mis-install the Cinelli shoe plates
Mate it wasn't My Incompetence that ruined my shoes! Being as the pedals were past from pillar to post with friends
and there was no instructions with the pedals, so don't label me as a bloody twat, which I'm not. :evil:

Back