Help required for On One Carbon build

Nosaj

Retro Newbie
Thinking of purchasing a carbon On One 456 Frame. That's the easy part! I currently have a TREK 4900 Series hard tail . Does anyone know whether the crank, brakes will be able to swap over onto this frame. Has anyone attempted a similar self build using a trek as a donor bike.
Any help or advice appreciated.
I think the spec of the trek is as follows:-
Shimano M590 shifters, Shimano Deore front and Shimano Deore Shadow rear derailleur, Shimano M521 chainset, 44/32/22 tooth chainrings, SRAM PG-950 11/34 tooth cassette, 9-speed.
Brakes are Shimano M445 Hydraulic discs.
Headset is 1-1/8" threadless semi-integrated semi0cartridge bearings

From memory you will need a new headset, possibly seatpost, possibly front mech.

The rest "should" SWAP on over.

I guess my biggest consideration would be what fork to run.

Bottom bracket won't swap, 4900s take external BBs and the On Ones are press fit. They use a weird standard too, some well dodgy thing with O rings on it - none of Shimano's seem to fit properly, they're either suspiciously loose or they'll bugger the frame if you try and force them in. So get onto On One about that.

Thank you for replies, the seat post i have is a ks dropper post which is 31.6mm dia so that's one thing I can swap over to the new frame!
Fork I was thinking of is a rockshox type with 120mm travel.
Thanx for the heads up with regards the bottom bracket , you would think shimano would fit any so your right I need to contact On One about that.
Finally you may be right about buying a complete bike Russell ,it just depends on what funds I have available at the time I suppose. The Trek has been good enough for my riding for last 3 years but just would like a carbon hard tail now to loose a bit of weight around the trails.( bike weight not my own!!). What exactly are you selling?
Thanks once again for all your replies.

As above. A std BB external or other will be fine.

It's the Whippet frames that use the Presfit std.

The C456's use a conventional threaded shell.

You may need to change the rear disc brake hose as the c456 routes the hose along the down tube rather than the top tube route your trek uses, and the down tube route is longer. A new hose is cheap but bleeding can be a pain if you've never done it before.

Fork wise I would go longer than 120 if you can, Ive got a 120 to 150 u turn revelation on mine and find the bike feels best all round at 140mm. 120mm climbs OK but doesn't feel right on the downs or flats.

Your headset won't fit I'm afraid, I'd just buy an on one smoothie with the frame just v make sure you by the right one for your fork I.e tapered or not

Back