Midweek Moontains

Kaiser, be off with you, this is a site for middle aged guys whose bikes are often as decrepid as the riders :LOL:

Anyhoo my 'racers' a 1 x 8 so no wee chainring though the only chainring isnae huge :D

Also as a tourist not a racer, no road bike trip I've ever done didn't involve a stop especially if a nice pub or teashop presented itself :cool:

Thought I'd drag this old chestnut back out ....

I'm keen to get out more either road or mtb this summer but Wed evening after 6.30pm are the only night I have free of kids taxi duties. And I often need a bit of motivation.

So if anybody's planning a midweek ride out and doesnt mind company feel free to post here ....

Wed night is another football night for me but if you dont mind a wee bit later and you want to try my local trails the nights are lighter anf happy to guide you round, will link a you tube vid later to give you a flavour.

been thinking about a weekday, evening assault on Ben Lomond. pedal and puff up, enjoy the sun dropping over the to west and rip back down type of affair..

5th, 6th, 26th or 27th of June are possible dates.. anyone interested??

I do like the sound of that :) alas none of those dates are ideal*. The only one I could have made is the 27th and thats just before the FB enduro on the Sunday.

*As I may have mentioned :oops: I've a new shift pattern which means I only work 140 days a year and have an extra 33% weekends off compared to what I used to have. For the life of me I can't seem to get to anything to tie in! Cannae make Aviemore, Tentsmuir or Glentress and noo these dates anaw. :(

well moving it away from "midweek" and I can do most Fridays if that improves scope?

reason I was thinking Ben Lomond, it's the closest to home and I've been up there a few times as youngster to see the sun drop

good news on the weekends! let me know if you have any weekend days available for some further afield munro trips

G I'll dig out that pm with your midweek dates, I never did match it up to my calendar. I've also got a route for the Merrick which be ideal for an evening ride.

Keep us posted re: the Munros, quite fancy bagging a few if possible, and I've typically got one day at the weekend 'off' for biking.

Ben Lomond one evening also appeals, although can't make Wednesday nights for the next few weeks at least.

Hawmaw":prghvni6 said:
Thought I'd drag this old chestnut back out ....

I'm keen to get out more either road or mtb this summer but Wed evening after 6.30pm are the only night I have free of kids taxi duties. And I often need a bit of motivation.

So if anybody's planning a midweek ride out and doesnt mind company feel free to post here ....
Andy - Currently I get to accompany my wife to Edinburgh on a Wednesday night, and it'll probably be like that till July-ish (not that I'm complaining, I get an hour to myself to scoot around Arthurs Seat)... Hopefully free up after that though, and could work out quite well since I work over in Erskine anyway.

Latest posts

Back