BucksOffRoadSportive 12 May - free entry if interested

I have a road sportive in Lincoln the day before and beer to drink on that evening (Saturday) else I would be there.

Lovely trails, so not what you'd imagine from the Home Counties, just 25 miles from Trafalgar Square.

:( too late for me as I have got my entry ..... (looks like it will be dry on the day althhough there is rain forecast on every day up to and including Sunday) - trails are bone dry at the mo. (and in case you ask, I won't be riding on retro, probably be the scalpel)

fully rigid - should have been easy to spot but I didn't - well done - the extra 32 k was around wendover so would/should have been quite hilly.

I am unfit and overweight so struggled a bit but completed the 100 k; arrived at base around 15:00 ; 1/2 hours before the drizzle started. The Scalpel worked well - front and rear lock out very handy - the course was mostly dry, a few muddy patches but nowhere as bad as last year - so probably a rigid rear end would have been adequate - a couple of tracks holed by horses' hooves were really quite bumpy.

Apparently there were ostriches to be seen but I missed them.

..... and my BB started to creak - damn infernal pesky BB30 crap! :twisted:

It was indeed exceedingly hilly and very bumpy over the horse ruts. I paired up with another rider for the last 50km which was great. Next year - suspension :shock:

SP

Back