retrobikeguy

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
Ok,

Talking to my cousin a couple of weeks ago and we remembered upon some of his old rides, he had a few from the mk1 marauder up to a then posh bike, a GT talera :| , bit of a garden gate size to me but he loved it with all its yummy 200GS with state of the art STI, best brakes a boy of our age could afford, oh yes.... SLR and a U-brake :shock: woooooooow it was his fave to say the least, he even got some steel onza bar ends for it :cool: .

Well ... after only 8 months it went the way of most of his bikes........ stolen from the back of nans house..... typically unlocked, his mother wouldn't cover it on her insurance ......... Gutted.

So, I have a surprise for him

Despite the state of its packaging.............. it seems to be straight :shock: :LOL:

Added some old wheels off a mates old carrera I butchered (sorry T)

This will be a budget bike, not going all out but I wont make it out of total sh*te parts as it needs to be used daily so it will have some upgrades here and there.

RBG

Chopper1192":w0n1r4yc said:
200gs... taken outnof production because it was causing a wobble in the earths rotation...

:LOL:

Yeah, superman had to reverse the planet because of the earthquakes that 100GS caused!

RBG

nowt wrong wi' that. :cool:

Have fun building it, i would. Do you have stuff kicking around to throw at it or do you need stuff?

marc two tone":1lu7j36i said:
nowt wrong wi' that. :cool:

Have fun building it, i would. Do you have stuff kicking around to throw at it or do you need stuff?

It'll take a week or so tho tidy up the paint and fill in the missing decals otherwise so far not doing bad, got lx rear mech some exage sti's a saddle, wheels, B/B.......so all the basics pretty much sorted,

only needing a 28.6mm front mech and a 26.0mm seatpin, seller chucked in a 25.8mm seatpin but its got a bit of play in it and no clamp so it needs next size up really, also if anyones got some old steel onza bar ends they dont want........

RBG

Can't beat an old GT. Nothing wrong with a Talera.
The earlier ones were actually posher than the final models
with 200GS/Acera groupset.

Yeah, i had the grey talera, solid bike but heavy............. and very hurty when having to lug it around on yer shoulder

best years for the colour schemes imo

RBG

cool,

I've got a 300LX front mech about to be swapped out that you could have for postage. I'ts in good shape ;)

i may even have a 26.0mm post somewhere in the shed, i'll take a peek later on...

marc two tone":edo6j1wo said:
cool,

I've got a 300LX front mech about to be swapped out that you could have for postage. I'ts in good shape ;)

i may even have a 26.0mm post somewhere in the shed, i'll take a peek later on...

Cool beans........... let me know

RBG

Back