RetroRoadRide Series - Rd 2: Peak District ~ AFTERMATH

Re: Re: RetroRoadRide Series - Rd 2: Peak District ~ 05/05/1

Looks and sounds fantastic - turnout of 11 is a high for a Retrobike road ride too.

Re: RetroRoadRide Series - Rd 2: Peak District ~ 05/05/13

There were 12 of us Ed. When I said '11 other fine gentlemen', I didn't include myself.

I considered excluding a couple of others from the descriptor too...

Great days riding, glad I made the effort after feeling like crap all week, it was good to see everyone again. The weather wasn't looking that great when we parked up, but it turned out to be perfect, not too hot on the climbs.
most enjoyable moment was the point at which I over took Pete doing 40+ mph
good choice of lunch stop too

heres the route and the elavation graph

Thanks for looking after me yesterday gents, had a great time. Excellent to experience the RB road rides first hand, another roaring success. Nice to see faces old and new also, i'll be back again for sure.

looks and sounded an awesome day chaps, gutted i missed out but i too will be on a road road asap :)

Seemed to be a great ride, unfortunately it is very very difficult for me to attend one of these rides (because I live in Malta), but I still enjoyed reading and watching the pics :). Good luck for the future gents and keep posting more pics :D.

Now Malta would be an excellent choice for a road meet. When on holiday there I felt a roadbike would be perfect plus no need to adjust thinking about what side of the road to be on :D
Plus tea and familiar cakes :LOL:

True, no need to adjust about the side of the road. :). The only problems fpr cycling here in Malta is the amount of traffic we have and the island's size, but overall is a great place.

Went to docs today, ear infection and antibiotics, explains why I was a bit quiet, still we'll worth the trip out.

HarryCrumb":20kcvm90 said:
Went to docs today, ear infection and antibiotics, explains why I was a bit quiet, still we'll worth the trip out.

That was funny "cheese roll??" "Anyone cheese roll?" :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Back