Miserable riders!

Chopper is correct. The only way to deal with these miserable ***** is to either give them a good trouncing on something older, more metallic, heavier and shonkier OR at least hang onto them for a while and proceed to chat about the weather, Coronation St. etc...

I agree with the proximity to car park phenomena, certainly on the SDW. I've never seen the trails near me so busy today, funnily enough I was walking! Although I did have good reason to - a bluebell exploration with the wee man...

Attachments

• bluebell.jpg
    bluebell.jpg
    246.6 KB · Views: 219
Good advice Grumpy.

We did have a competitive dad, with teenage son in tow who obviously did not like being overtaken by a mere woman (my wife). They rode past us as we were leaving Cheddar and we saw them again, having a rest and a drink just after the little climb out of Axbridge.

A short while later, dad, on his flat bar tourer came belting past me, teenage son on a modern Dawes road bike right on his wheel. I gave chase for a bit, just for my own amusement, then let them go. Lo and behold about another (downhill) mile or two later, there they were again taking another rest and drink!

We cracked on past and upped the pace for a while and we never saw them again. ;)

Ross; that is the best spring picture, ever.

I think your all being a bit unfair on Roadies, I mean come on they've got a lot to deal with, such as "Which Team Colours do I wear today?" "How can I shave those few extra grams off my bike" " Will I really go faster if I shave my legs?" and lets not forget the BIG ONE "Will I wreck my bike by riding on the roads riddled with Pot Holes." It's more than their tiny minds can comprehend and all of this just so you can go out and ride a bike. It's a good job I chose Off Road as I run nice fat tyres with low pressures, no need to worry about team colours, the weight of my bike or pot holes and I always have a smile on my face.

Regards

Liam

Liam1611":5zzxwvai said:
I think your all being a bit unfair on Roadies, I mean come on they've got a lot to deal with, such as "Which Team Colours do I wear today?" "How can I shave those few extra grams off my bike" " Will I really go faster if I shave my legs?" and lets not forget the BIG ONE "Will I wreck my bike by riding on the roads riddled with Pot Holes." It's more than their tiny minds can comprehend and all of this just so you can go out and ride a bike. It's a good job I chose Off Road as I run nice fat tyres with low pressures, no need to worry about team colours, the weight of my bike or pot holes and I always have a smile on my face.

Regards

Liam

I always do my best wave, nod or say hello to other riders (except when time trialling as I tend to be too focused in my own little world for obvious reasons). On Sunday I was out training with a mate and we actually got a brief "hello" from some poor bloke who'd been shelled out the back of the bunch in a local road race passing in the opposite direction. What a gent! :)

David

There are cheery people, there are miserable people. The bike or riding style is irrelevant.

I get blanked by MTBers for not having seven feet of travel on both wheels, no XTR tattoos (wait until Shimano changes the logo again :roll: ) nor shorts baggy enough to swallow a bees nest. Others like the fact that I ride a scruffy rigid singlespeed.
Some people on road bikes are gits, some aren't.

In fact some people are gits and judge me solely by the bike I ride. So what? Bask in the warm glow of your own superiority. :LOL:

I bet you don't nod to everyone you pass walking down the street. :shock:

hamster":3fb1to9e said:
I bet you don't nod to everyone you pass walking down the street. :shock:

I do here. And I know the names of all the shopkeepers and they know mine. Very Middle England but has a great sense of community. Pity everywhere isn't the same.

hamster":cez61ss3 said:
The bike or riding style is irrelevant.

Not in this particular case, as it was only the people riding drop bar bikes that ignored our greetings. Not all of them, but the majority.

Given that I ride a minimum of 300k per month on the road, I am attuned to the subtleties of some roadies methods of acknowledgement, but this lot were just grumpy. Either that, or they felt no sense of kinship or community with other cyclists and hence no need to say hello or good morning, and that is a shame.

Back