A Worthy Holdsworth, 1960s?

Are you sure it's a Holdsworth?
The BB oil port looks '50s, the serial number an decals looks non correct (for that period) and it's got a straight brake bridge.
*Non-expert view though*

Unusual to swap a head badge over on refinishing.......the holes were usually in the wrong place :)

Shaun

The 531 transfer was so badly applied it is obviously not original. This is a frame from the 50's, If Holdsworth then original WF, not Holdsworthy Company.

Midlife":2ayk1zgn said:
Unusual to swap a head badge over on refinishing.......the holes were usually in the wrong place :)

Shaun
I bought a "Holdsworth" last year with rivet heads glued onto the badge, an the badge glued onto the headtube. When I stripped the frame it became apparent that the headtube wasn't even drilled for a headtube badge at all. The joys of ebay! ;)

Not suggesting this is the case here.

Great looking machine. I love that colour. As has been said a good clean up, a saddle (Brooks of course...) and away you go.

Some of the parts could be more period correct, but hey if they work leave em... Polished up this will be a real head turner. Reminds me of my 64 Flyer...

Midlife":3uab0nkn said:
Ti only stuck their name on the decals in 1977.

Shaun
Interesting! According to Reynolds:
- Decal to 1973 did not have a name on them;
- Decals after 1973 had "Reynolds Tube Co Ltd" on them;
- Decal after 1981 had "TI Reynolds Ltd";
- Decals after 1985 had "TI Reynolds 531 Ltd".

Either way, as Keith mentioned it doesn't look original anyway.

From my limited knowledge that isn't a Holdsworth serial number, but the bike appears to have a good patina: now the forks are out, can you see the rivets for the badge inside the head tube?

I've had a look down the headtube and the badge is definitely riveted right through. No sign of any other holes having been filled. The fork crown seems very similar to some Holdsworth and they're are plenty with straight brake bridges. None of it accounts for the frame number though :?

Back