The History Man

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Overbury's Fan
Feedback
View
Do padded shorts make a huge difference to riding comfort? Not worried about look as they will be worn under tracky bottoms/trousers. Interested in whether they are worth the investment? Never had any. Thanks

Do proper rock climbing shoes make climbing easier? Do engines make cars move more effectively?

Yes to these questions and a bigger yes to yours. Buy some and prepare to be amazed. Assuming of course that you ride further than a couple of miles at a time. The only problem is that these days, especially for road focused bib shorts, the prices seem to have gone through the roof.

Any recommendations or is it like everything else. You get what you pay for? Sizing seems to be an issue also. Talking to people on eBay they all come up different. Think I would be an xl (36/38 waist). Looking for normal shorts not bib?

A chap I know went riding in boxers and jeans, he did a small jump and landed on one of his testicles on the saddle. It split in half.

I wear lycra.

rosstheboss":xzetka25 said:
A chap I know went riding in boxers and jeans, he did a small jump and landed on one of his testicles on the saddle. It split in half.

I presume you don't mean the saddle split in half, either. Ouch. :(

David

I would get bib shorts, they are much much better. No one will know you are wearing a wrestling outfit when they are under your top and baggy shorts!

Normal shorts have a tie waist which digs in, bibs are much much comfier and always hold the pad in the correct position. I never wear my old non-bib shorts anymore apart from to wear out on the turbo trainer.

These are a very good price, made by "champion system" or champ sys who make lots of team and club kit.
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=96502

You'll probably need XL or XXL size. I'm 32/33 waist and usually get L. Best to get them from a place with free returns as sometimes cycling kit is weird sizes.....

Oh and don't wear underwear under them when riding!

rosstheboss":1u4leqxv said:

I wear lycra.

and that is why we are born with 2.

All getting a bit Kendo Nagasaki with the bib shorts! Are they that much better?

Back