Photo Hosting sites - Any non-shite ones?

I use postimage.org, easy, no bullshit, and pretty much straight forward.

I use Photobucket for the quick code, but I agree that its getting increasingly less user friendly.

For community and display/presentation, I really like Flickr. Navigation is a little tricky at first, but photo searching and 'groups' are excellent.

I have everything in a Collection and each bike in a Set. Nice and tidy.

I bought a domain and use that instead.
Sure, it costs about £20 annually and you need an FTP program, but at least you can organize it how you like, can upload the occasional MP3 or spreadsheet, it's much faster when loading pages here, etc etc.

use flickr, then right click photo, properties and copy link to forum, changing size as needed

only time lost is when I've moved photo into a set :facepalm:

I use Picasa and it's problem free. It's not as sexy as Flickr, I guess, but hey, it's a Google product and works!

If you have a Google account, I think you can pretty much use Picasa, as it must be included. Just go to the "Photos" tab. Easy!

Mx

I'll put in a good word for DropBox. 4gig free. Integrates with Windoze/Mac/Linux. Drag and drop photos into Public folder, then right-click to get public URL. paste that between some
Code:
[img]your handy dandy Dropbox public URL here[/img]
tags and bob's your uncle.

Google Chrome, Ad-block plus (with fanboys list) and Flashblock and you won't see anything you don't want to see. Photobucket is perfectly usable with this setup.

Carl.

Imgur is the way to go at the moment. You don't even need to sign up, though it's easier to keep track of your stuff if you do.

klasse":d26m88su said:
Photobucket no longer has custom urls? That was a great feature.

Another on to add to the list of feature casualties

I used to use the slideshows a lot in Ebay listings, they were cool, but the new version of the feature is just static images, no control over their sizes or anything

It's stunning how clueless the redesign is!

Back