'88-'89 Explosif

Re: Kona frames still eluding me

Hi Canuck,

I'm thinking of selling an 18" Explosif Black 1991 (or possibly '92?) which I bought on here from Alex (retrokona) a couple of years back:
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=99481

Condition is unchanged from the pics in the post, though the original greaseguard BB has gone astray - it may reappear after rummaging.

I also have suitable P2s.

PM me if interested?

Jason

-Niellesie-":vlrq6ui3 said:
not interested in a 96 sex one frame in 18 inch? :D

I was very tempted when you first put the sex one up for sale but after a minute I composed myself and forced myself to stick to the plan - steel, steel and more steel with a bit of ti thrown in for good measure ;) ...it was certainly very tempting though! :cool:

...and we're back to the rumpy bumpy :cool:

Canuck":2dbjc9tv said:
I can see I've been a bit slack in updating my post's :oops: , so here's a bit of an eye candy bump...well, she's seen better day's but still look's good in my eye's :D
The latest arrival, a '96 Hot. No crack's, dent's, ding's, bend's, etc. The paint is a bit worse for wear however all original so I don't think she'll be getting a respray, alway's prefer to save the original paint if at all possible.
One thing I did notice about this frame compared to the other 853 Kona's is how much thinner the tubing is. I have yet to measure the diameter of the top and down tubes, chain and seat stay's but they are visably slimmer....look's well smart! :cool:

Ooooo weeee! Interesting colour, never seen one like that before. Well done on getting it eventually.

al-onestare":3jecnwrr said:
Ooooo weeee! Interesting colour, never seen one like that before. Well done on getting it eventually.

Cheer's mate! :D It wasn't easy and took a bit of time, but all good thing's come to those who wait...and wait...and wait :LOL:

Back