WANTED Light weight - or quality 7sp Freewheel SORTED

ibbz

Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Karma King
Dyna-Tech Fan
Feedback
View
Just wondering whether anyone has a 7 speed Campag or Regina lightweight quality freewheel?
English thread
Something I could use on an MTB for mainly easy trails, tow paths etc (triple crank rings)
So 13-21/23 or something.

eg. regina Tital or CX (Alloy)
Or Suntour Microlite, Zeus 2000, Maillard Dural
Something pretty, to put on a Phil Wood hub.

I've no idea about how much to spend or what costs are, hence some idea and help would be greatly appreciated!

:)

cheers

Or a Dura Ace or Suntour Winner Pro?

Re: price and availability check-Campag or Regina 7sp Freewh

Alloy Campagnolo and Regina freewheels sell for silly money, check out ebay. Last one I saw was over £200

Also note that they aren't as long lasting as metal freewheels

Nigel at Campyoldy has Regina 7sp steel freewheels for £45. They often go for more than this on ebay. He also has an SL with alloy sprockets for £100.

There is this on ebay at the moment:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Regin ... 0921345021

Failed to go at £15 last week, but now relisted. It is a 14-28, though, so not quite the ratios you have in mind.

I've never seen Campag freewheels go for anything less than silly money. Lots of Regina still around though, including NOS (they were overtaken by cassettes), so you should be able to find what you are looking for if you have a look around.

Nick

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

nammonk":cycfkqos said:
Nigel at Campyoldy has Regina 7sp steel freewheels for £45. They often go for more than this on ebay. He also has an SL with alloy sprockets for £100.

There is this on ebay at the moment:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Regin ... 0921345021

Failed to go at £15 last week, but now relisted. It is a 14-28, though, so not quite the ratios you have in mind.

I've never seen Campag freewheels go for anything less than silly money. Lots of Regina still around though, including NOS (they were overtaken by cassettes), so you should be able to find what you are looking for if you have a look around.

Nick

Thanks Nick, what would that weight of the Syncro 92 be like?
14-28 is an odd ratio though

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Now you're asking! I'll go and weigh one...

Odd ratios indeed. But like I say, there are plenty out there (lots on ebay at the moment). Many of the NOS ones are either odd ratios like this, or straight through blocks. You might be able to find spare sprockets still.

Nick

Synchro 90 13-21 weighs in at just under 14oz. About 390g. Sorry, I don't seem to have a Synchro 92 around, but I imagine the weight is similar.

I believe the Campag alloy ones are more like 215g for these ratios, but I don't know for sure.

Heaven forbid, there's always this:
http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/ird-defiant- ... prod22876/

Nick

Anyone have a Zeus 2000, Suntour Microlite, Maillard Dural or similar Regina 7 speed alloy cogged or part alloy lightweight freewheel for Sale??
Even a lightweight steel one (under 350g)

I have a couple of them. Will check weights and ratios tonight

Cheers man

OK, I have two 7 speed regina extra freewheels. a 14-21 (432g), and a 14-26 (501g)

any use?

Back