Bottom pull mech on zaskar

Chopper1192":1myr9n9a said:
Can't be sure from those pics but the mech looks too close to the BB to my eye. If it is, then moving it unwound make the cable route less.acute.

The height is OK, its a low sitting mech thats why it looks a bit low. The angle just seems so wrong for it to be the right mech for the frame.

I guess there is either a 2nd type of bottom pull mech or the zaskar LE not not use the m950!

dan smith":1nvtq07p said:
gtRTSdh":1nvtq07p said:

Thanks gtRTSdh, klaw71 has already pointed me to the thread.

My problem is that to the best of my knowledge it is the right mech for the frame/period.

I assume they left the shops rubbing the frame as in our pictures, I don't understand why the tubes need to meet in the centre of the BB in the way that they do.

Thinking back, I have only ever used two types of mech on my Zaskar in 20 years. An M732 XT and a Proshift. The Proshift was dual pull and from about 1997 and the cable routing was fine.

gtRTSdh":3ldcxve9 said:
dan smith":3ldcxve9 said:
gtRTSdh":3ldcxve9 said:

Thanks gtRTSdh, klaw71 has already pointed me to the thread.

My problem is that to the best of my knowledge it is the right mech for the frame/period.

I assume they left the shops rubbing the frame as in our pictures, I don't understand why the tubes need to meet in the centre of the BB in the way that they do.

Perhaps the correct mech was used the whole time.

Latest posts

Back