Show us what you did today, thread

You should give it a go with the short stem, I've a couple I can send you to try out if you like.

That looks really smart Rob :cool: :cool: :cool:
The front end looks very aggressive and light as well.
Sounds like it rides really well, you sound pretty happy with it. Its brilliant to find a bike that just feels right.
Look forward to seeing it the flesh.
My only concern is for your eyesight, I thought you said it was a blue pig :shock:
Should have gone to specsavers ;) ;)

likeing it!

Jamie

A quiet Sunday, an hour and a half in the morning with the little man in his trailer, and then a quick mile or so in the evening before dinner. He came home and said we need to go for another ride in his trailer. Stopped and said goodnight to every cow, calf, sheep, lamb and chicken we came across. Then telling me to go faster up the hill on the way home.
I was hoping to get across to Hoy for today on the Trucker but the need to get some things on the van sorted and try and find an engine, sadly this takes precedence, plus the fact the Scrabster ferry is broken down means every man and his dog is trying to get on the Groats and Gills bay ferry. Hopefully get a few miles in this afternoon round the coast once sorted.

Jamie

Jamiedyer":mpwjqpyu said:
My only concern is for your eyesight, I thought you said it was a blue pig :shock:
Should have gone to specsavers ;) ;)

likeing it!

Jamie

Well its funny you should say that because my own wee nickname for it is the "Black Pig" Captain Pugwash connection there :LOL:
AND Im due to pick up new (bloody expensive) specs at the end of the week (what a waste of money, better spent on bike bits) :LOL:

Jamie, when our oldest was 2 we went to Islay on a cycle holiday. Had all our worldly goods, camping stuff etc, in a wee trailer like that.
Still remember how excited she was when it was empty and she could get a hurl in it along coast. The rest of time she was in the Rhode Gear seat on her mum's bike.
Glad your wee boy enjoys it so much.

We used the Gill's Bay ferry when we went across to Orkney to play rugby 3 years ago. Was surprised that it was a catamaran, and we had a lovely sunny, warm Saturday morning trip across.

clubby":3jogrz6z said:
Bike looking good Rob but Kaisers right. Chop half the length off that stem.

A hear what your saying, my Stumpy is 711mm CtC (bars to saddle) the Pig is 705mm (ditto) :?

RobMac":l5zh1h84 said:
clubby":l5zh1h84 said:
Bike looking good Rob but Kaisers right. Chop half the length off that stem.

A hear what your saying, my Stumpy is 711mm CtC (bars to saddle) the Pig is 705mm (ditto) :?

:shock: im 777mm measured that way but it sometimes feels like it could be shortened a tiny bit.

Are you noticing any difference in just 6mm Rob :?

Back