Tentsmuir Saturday 1st June 2013

velomaniac

MacRetro Rider
Tentsmuir Saturday 1st June 2013, meet Leuchars Train Station ready to ride for 1pm

This run I'm promoting both here and on UKFatBike as it should sit well with both camps and is not retro specific. I'll try and coordinate with both groups to a day on one of the weekends that suits the most folk.

I have a hankering now that I'm getting the hang of this Fat Biking malarchy to go to the place that my mountainbiking career first took root. Tentsmuir forest in the north east tip of Fife is basically a commercial forest planted on sand beside a wide flat expanse of estuary sand by the sea and is nearly flat as a pancake and the reason nearby Leuchars air base was built there.
I was a student in Dundee when I bought my first mtb and I slogged along to Tentsmuir many times to learn my mtb skills or lack of. I managed to pull off every stupid manouver that could result in a crash there but thanks to the sand did not result in pain and breakage.
Tentsmuir is also perfect fat biking territory if flat land is your thing but the forest still has some entertaining sections to mtb on.
Further for the military history buffs, the places is littered with anti tank blocks and pillboxes plus Clubby has led me to believe you can cycle to the far end of RAF Leuchars run way which could be fun if planes are taking off and landing.
So I was thinking anyone want to have a ride around the forest and beach of Tentsmuir on Saturday 1st June.

Any takers ?

Re: Tentsmuir June 2013

At the suggestion of our resident Moonlander Fatty rider, Clubby, low tide on Saturday 1st June is about 3:20pm.
Consequently meeting up at say 1pm lunchtime would allow a bit of forest trail riding then heading out onto the beach for a decent period before retreating back into the woods. Might result in a late finish though and heaven forbid I should be the cause of dometic strife in any household.
Your thoughts ?

Re: Tentsmuir June 2013

Sorry about the bike, surly fats all look the same to me and the 4th referred to fourth weekend not the 4th of June.

provisional yes from me but will have to check wi the wife nearer the time.

as a military history and plane buff sounds richt up my street and fancy a shottie o yer half fat Velo.

sorry Velo, after last weeks escapade the other half is wanting a bit o time to do other stuff sat/sun this weekend as we also at glentress next week lol.

will have to pass Tenstmuir in favour of GT meet next sunday.

recovered from saturday yet ?

Still knackered and will be more so after Saturday but knackered is the default setting for ME sufferers so i'll push through.
See you at GT, unlikely to have fat for that, never get it up the hills, its 40lbs you know :LOL:

Back