Also a guy on SDH had one from new and cracked it about 1 year ago
and because he was the original owner with the receipt ,when it cracked
specialzied gave him a new demo frame but specialized had too keep the
FSR.
Just shows how much trust they had in that frame to give a life time warranty
on it.
Especially an alloy frame.
WOW! I want one

Amazing, got a link for this? would love to read about it.

If the big hit rear end fits on ok, could be an avenue for people wanting a rear disc mount ?

Don't think that would work as the Big Hit had a 24 inch rear wheel, the the seat and chain stays are shorter. The back end is certainly very similar, although the later versions of the original big hit had a much chunkier link plate for the shock to mount to as the travel increased.

A guy had one down here in '97, we all thought it was cool/dumb (depending on how jelous we were at the time), was something like $10K

The rear end is a fair bit beefier than the elite's etc.... longer shock, wider spacing for biger tyres disc specific. although similar in looks I'm 99.9% sure the entire frame was built from the ground up not just a long travel XC half arse thing.

very nice nonetheless

i,ve got an original palmer edition 98 and it,s been in my collection for 10 or more years and in this time not found another. was told by previous owner that there was around 380 ever made.

sjcarscollectors":2frjwm9j said:
i,ve got an original palmer edition 98 and it,s been in my collection for 10 or more years and in this time not found another. was told by previous owner that there was around 380 ever made.

Pictures please ? Yeah I remember Dirt saying the amount was in the 300's back in the day.

hello

i bought mine in 1998 here in switzerland. the new price was 12500.-swiss franks then. i used it a lot up 2007. unfortunatly the fork broke and the xtr crank lost its thread, so i had to replace the fork with junior-t an the crank with a dmr reel steel crankset. since 2007 its out of order because the rear end is craked. love that Bike!

Attachments

• specialized 1998 palmer race edition.jpg
    specialized 1998 palmer race edition.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 2,426
  • specialized 1998 palmer race edition1.jpg
    specialized 1998 palmer race edition1.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 2,424
Wow very very jealous, what an amazing bike and piece of history. Even thou its cracked and not ridable i would get a pair of original forks on it and xtr cranks just to keep it original.

Its sad to see the bird pooh on the frame haha it should be indoors on the wall above the fire place who cares what the wife says

Back