best model year for a particular brand?

I like the 92 Marins paint, nothing to do with the the ribbed for sensitivity downtube;-)

Here's my gate getting some sun:

Attachments

• 92-leith-hill01.jpg
    92-leith-hill01.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 488
coomber":1h8xsudc said:
Funny you mention your 92 kona... I think of the 1997 kona range and think it was perfect, even the hahanna looked great.

I would have to agree, for me the 97 kona range just looks so right.

There's a thread on here where we discussed Kona's best year. Naturally I plumped for 97 and that holds true today :)

i think the other reason i think 1992 was konas best year is because with the exception of the heihei/hot, the explosif was basically the top model, and therefore had the top spec, when you look at the explosif in 97 as a comparison (and i'm comparing equivalent models here) it has an indy sl fork which to me is not the top spec, it's the top indy fork but it wasn't a judy sl which i think it should have been, also the frame/fork combination i think is a bit of a colour clash also by this time the p2 fork had almost been dropped in favour of suspension, which i suppose is good but the p2 helped give kona the look they were/are known for.

regarding the 1992 marins the reason i don't like them as much is because to me colour wise they look unbalanced, which is sort of weird because the 90/91 again are colour heavy at the front but it doesn't look unbalanced by comparison.

:)

i was torn on painting mine in gold like that but it was originally black so i decided to stick with that, the gold is cool :cool:

Attachments

• the explosif now.jpg
    the explosif now.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 202
T.B.G.

Attachments

• the Best years were with The Bicycle Group..jpg
    the Best years were with The Bicycle Group..jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 193
Charlieboy28":1jmect06 said:
coomber":1jmect06 said:
Funny you mention your 92 kona... I think of the 1997 kona range and think it was perfect, even the hahanna looked great.

I would have to agree, for me the 97 kona range just looks so right.
And the '97 Kilauea was the best ridng Kona ever! bar none!

Back