East Midlands Area chat and rides thread

I rode a lap of Robin woods today,bottom half,deadtractor hill etc.was bone dry and very bumpy,top bit(by the farmhouse), is still a mudbath,the rest of my 4hour local epic was all dry and fast,brilliant!

I am a little confused by unusual bank holiday weather. Bright yellow stuff that burns.
Dry dusty trails. It's just not British. Looks like normal service resumes for Tuesday thankfully.
Where are we riding?

p.s. Everest day on the 29th May. The 60th anniversary of the magnificent endeavour.

hidetherum":25jw7esp said:
p.s. Everest day on the 29th May. The 60th anniversary of the magnificent endeavour.
My wedding anniversary as well, all though not quite 60 years. Sometimes I think it might have been easier to have climbed Everest :LOL: :LOL:

:D Hello everyone. Hope im posting in the correct place here. Iv just moved to Ashby de la Zouch from Yorkshire with my girlfriend, Gill. We found out that a bunch of you ride the local trails and we'd like to pop along and meet up if thats ok? I'm nursing a leg injury at the mo but it should be 100% in a couple of weeks.

We both ride modern MTBs, although I started mountain biking in 1993 with a rigid GT Tequesta and a copy of MBUK with Mint Sauce in B&W always on page 41, so it would be cool to maybe see some of your retro rides!

Cheers everyone..

Back