2013-05-05 - Lomonds Aftermath

RobMac

Kona Fan
Feedback
View
keithyr":srlqzmis said:
He's gonna text he said mate.

Holl reservoir carpark10-10.15 for lomonds tour, bishop, edge of world Cragmead, maspie den back up, do east lomonds an rabbit rum then back to cars.

Bring new legs lol. Shld be good, think dad comin as well.

Well it was good, me, Keith, ZZ, Gaz Mac and a little bit later due to location problems (thank feck for mobile phones). BTW Mike thanks for my 2nd text Ive had from you in all the years Ive known you :LOL:
We all set off relatively on time under a blue/clouded sky but bloody windy, me on my untried new build the Blue Pig (more of which later) :oops:

Re: East Coast Rides Thread

First proper stop of the day after a ridiculously steep walk :shock:
Ragley still OK at this time.

It was about this time that ZZ showed a keen interest in Keith's ongoing HRT treatment :shock:

Anyway onwards and upwards into hurricane force winds, here's we are prior to a demanding descent from the top of the world this was were the Ragley really shone probably due to 140 forks and 180 disc AND a superb rider :roll:

The Think Tank

And here's Mike giving me his opinion on my riding skills "No1 Mike thanks" :D

West Lomond (height 522mtrs) in the distance.

Weather was pretty good, ground conditions weren't that bad but like I said bloody windy most of the time.

And the moment you've all been waiting on, other that Gaz Mac breaking a rear gear cable it was relatively mechanical incident free except for me.
Remember this was my shake down run for the Ragley, half of the ride was spoiled by rear gear issues then to top it off the NEW XT chain f#cked up due to me not cutting it to the right length yet, (I was going to eventually) after the running in period. BTW Keith thanks for the help and the peasants who were taking the piss "getitupyeah" :evil:

I must say though I did like the first ride on the Blue Pig I just need to get it set up right which you can only do by riding it ;)

Back