Boutique Derailleurs and Shifters

ibbz

Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Karma King
Dyna-Tech Fan
Feedback
View
Just wondering, I do love boutique stuff for my bikes, love it - whether brakes, hubs, cogs, whatever, but derailleurs now, I'm not familiar with any boutique Shimano compatible derailleurs - are there any?
Or even shifters, whether thumbies or otherwise - for 7 or 8 speed.

Or don't they exist?

Paul have made front and rear mechs, I'm not sure if they still do, or if they are any good.

I ran Proshift f&r mechs for about 4-5 years in a 9spd set up.

Rebuildable mechs, very light. Last generation shifted well, even with road STi

file.php

Paul, Pro Shift, Joe's, Rhino. None of them shifted as well as Shimano, but of them all, Pro Shift sucked the least.

FMJ":hrr3179i said:
Paul, Pro Shift, Joe's, Rhino. None of them shifted as well as Shimano, but of them all, Pro Shift sucked the least.

Mmmm

So worth getting? or waste of time? for 7 speed?
Compared to Suntour?

Thanks guys, and Disreali gears - spent ages reading, and enjoying! Thanks!
For my Dynatech MT4, I'm busy de-Shimanoizing it.
have Suntour XC Pro hubs with cassette, non Shimano cranks, and only Shimano are the (excellent) XT front/rear mechs and thumbies.
Was thinking of going with another brand - and after much consideration, me thinks suntour XC Pro thumbies and mechs - how do these compare to the XT M735 ?
It's just an idea, thing is I like the mech and thumbies so much and the mech/thumbies shift the chain so well on the 7 speed suntour cassette that it'd be folly changing anything - but it's refreshing to see something other than Shimano, hence my enquiries

Back