Beige bar tape

rolf f

Dirt Disciple
Hello all

Anyone know of a good source for beige (not brown) bar tape? I've got some Deda cork - and it is a load of junk. Far too short, ugly Deda embossing (thanks for that Deda.....) and it tears. Probably will stain badly too. Big waste of money really and, anyway, I don't really want cork but it's all I could find and I knew I'd regret it. Ideally something like Fizik Microtex but they don't do beige so if anyone knows of something else, I'd really like to know.

Thanks in advance.....

Also tried Deda - very flimsy stuff.

Depends on what look, era, type of bike etc but Brooks Honey is a natural (but expensive) option. Don't think there's much out there as far as modern tapes go.

I'd use Brooks Honey but it really isn't the right stuff. It's for my 1987 Raleigh Randonneur which had beige tape from new. It's not that unlike Fizik in texture but it certainly doesn't have a natural leather look. It probably would look good as the bike has the original brown Brooks professional but I like to keep things looking more original than necessarily better than original!

I got the impression from US sites that Deda might do a leather look beige tape but if it isn't actually the cork I got, it doesn't seem to be available over here.

Cinelli does natural beige - Its good quality in my experience. Cork is the most comfortable bartape bar none imo! Lighter colours will always stain easily though..

Back