Pace RC40 XCAM - Losing Travel after Service, Help!

"I've sent Tim a PM, but have yet to receive a reply (it's still sat in my Outbox as I type this) - I guess he must be busy as he doesn't appear to have been on the site for a few days."

what i would suggest is waiting for a return of the pm but also bear in mind that:-
1. not everyone lives on here 24/7
2. it's sunday so not a 'working' day (and for him it's work related)
3. it's a bank holiday weekend so he may be doing something like i don't know riding his bike.

we all know Tim is a helpful chap, and i understand you've paid alot for a service but sometimes stuff just has issues and needs another looking at for whatever reason.

personally i'd wait till tuesday and get on the phone to him, it's a quicker way to get answers etc.

:)

jonnyboy666":1ujtxp3i said:
"I've sent Tim a PM, but have yet to receive a reply (it's still sat in my Outbox as I type this) - I guess he must be busy as he doesn't appear to have been on the site for a few days."

what i would suggest is waiting for a return of the pm but also bear in mind that:-
1. not everyone lives on here 24/7
2. it's sunday so not a 'working' day (and for him it's work related)
3. it's a bank holiday weekend so he may be doing something like i don't know riding his bike.

we all know Tim is a helpful chap, and i understand you've paid alot for a service but sometimes stuff just has issues and needs another looking at for whatever reason.

personally i'd wait till tuesday and get on the phone to him, it's a quicker way to get answers etc.

:)

I'm well aware of that, thanks. However I sent Tim a PM towards the end of last week.

I know he's a helpful chap, I know he's definitely the man to go to for all things Pace related. However I'm still over £100 out of pocket at the moment with a pretty much unusable set of forks so I hope you can understand my frustration.

This isn't a complaint or a moan about Tim at all. I was just asking for advice to see if anyone else had had the same problem, and to see if they managed to solve it themselves, and how. If I can fix it myself it'll save me another £10 in courier charges, a week without any forks at all and possible further charges for further service work, that's all.

don't get me wrong, i wasn't having a go, just trying to be realistic from the point of view of his lack of contact, a year or so ago i needed some pace bits and found it was much easier to phone than pm/email.

when i worked in the trade i had to deal with some rc39 forks, the xc versions, they were like a boomerang, frustrating for the customer and me, turned out it was a part inside the fork that was part of the lock out that when they got a big hit the fork couldn't compress due to the lock out activating, but on the test bench they were fine but on the trail they sucked! it was one small part that had been incorrectly machined.

I know you weren't having a go :)

And this really isn't a complaint about Tim. If I had another set of Pace forks which needed servicing he'd be the man I'd send them to.

I'd just hoped that someone maybe had a solution without them having to go back to him again, that's all. I'm sure Tim would appreciate not seeing them! ;)

Latest posts

Back