1990 Kona Cinder Cone ....Garage find.

raidan73":yzoprbsu said:
Looks super clean and tidy Roy. Just need to swap those brake levers over ;)
ha ha..those levers are staying right where they are matey.
my crappy pictures really don't do this bike justice.
this also has to be the most minimalist splatter paint job i have ever seen.
instead of all the long strands it's as if someone just waved a paint brush
at it and got it all spotted. and not even that much.

He is referring to the levers being the wrong way round...not replacing them. You have the right and left swapped, so that the mounting bolts are wrong way up. The bolts should be on the underside. That's how they were designed, and it also means any water/damp should drop out of the bolt heads rather than collect.

Other than that awesome bike. Very nice indeed!

raymondluxuryyacht":b0ij94hh said:
He is referring to the levers being the wrong way round...not replacing them. You have the right and left swapped, so that the mounting bolts are wrong way up. The bolts should be on the underside. That's how they were designed, and it also means any water/damp should drop out of the bolt heads rather than collect.

Other than that awesome bike. Very nice indeed!
hey thanks for that. i never even noticed. too funny.
it's been that way for 23 years. came out of the store that way.
which doesn't surprise me. thinking back to the condition the
cove boys might have been in in 1990. ;)
b.c. is known for more than just mountian bikes. :LOL:
roy

Looks like it has the front brake on the left. Probably was delivered with it on the right (as per UK regulation IIRC) and they just swapped the levers over instead of taking 20 more seconds to pop the cables out and swap them over that way.

Excellent find. I see a couple of rusty bolts, so I'd suggest getting those sorted. It would be a shame to let such details spoil the otherwise brand new looks of the bike.

Great bike, congratulation ;-) i've exactly the same one, just two numbers larger. Could you please tell me the size of the seatpost. At the moment i use a 26.8 one and maybe i need 27 mm. Thank's and many happy rides, stoppi

Back