1994 KHS Montana Comp

Bone Machine

Dirt Disciple
I bought this thinking it was going to be a donor bike. I was going to strip the parts and put them on a Rocky Mtn Equipe frame I have. But once I took it for a ride, I fell in love with the bike. Now that it's been stripped, cleaned, and re-greased - it rides even better. I'd say that this is my best vintage rider.
The 17" True Temper AVR frame weighed in at 4.45 lbs. I really didn't expect it to be that light.
The compete bike weighs 23.5 lbs.

001xwb.jpg

010eqi.jpg

004uv.jpg

005ezz.jpg

063tlr.jpg

016qs.jpg

012xgb.jpg

Nice but get rid of that upright stem, makes it look like an old mans town bike. Get a racier one with 0 degree angles!

Got my brother one of these, a 92, took it for a few spins and loved it. It just shifts, proper speedy. He was pretty chuffed, he can beat his mates on most bits of the trails, with their modern bikes costing many times more

otherself":1j2y5sk7 said:
Nice but get rid of that upright stem, makes it look like an old mans town bike. Get a racier one with 0 degree angles!

I am an old man, ;) . The bike rides so perfectly, I've been afraid to mess with it. You're right, though - the stem looks dorky.
I've had this titanium Flexstem for a few years now. Never used it. I think I'll try it out on this bike.

016uo.jpg

Back