My 1994 kona cinder cone result! Pic update

Re: My 1994 kona cinder cone result!

Lovely bike. Paint looks fine keep it as it is if I were you.

Yes I agree with u all on the brakes they are like jelly the levers are awful especially with the holes at the ends! I had thought about ritchey cantis but in my haste to take it out for a ride this aft I added a set of lx v brakes was a nice quick job tbh and copied a cool idea I had seen on here about using a mech adjuster bolt on the rear collar to act as cable stop it works a treat! Have stuck with the brake levers and they are much better with Vs but will be changing them shortly")

Gravy Monster":p3qstapd said:
Looks great ! , I have had 2 of these in the grey :cool: you don't see many about in the grey. You are righ with the canti's they are poor and the levers :roll:

I'm loving the back implel cranks , I have never seen them in black before :cool:

Yes the black impel cranks were the first thing I noticed I thought they had been painted when I first clapped eyes on it but was pleased to see they are original and look cool as I think:)

SJB7810":3ctyqyaz said:
and copied a cool idea I had seen on here about using a mech adjuster bolt on the rear collar to act as cable stop it works a treat

A very good modification ;) :p

coomber":jd17rypj said:
Lovely bike. Paint looks fine keep it as it is if I were you.

I agree coomber, just for a stop gap today the v brakes needed to go on and I will be keeping it as near to original as I can although the paint looks better on the pics than it is so I will be having the more serious blemishes sorted I'm the body shop and leaving the other scars as is as I don't like taking the character from my bikes prefer to let them wear with pride")

Nice find ...

Interesting to hear all the "bad brakes" comments. I have a 94 'cone, thought I had just not set the cantis up correctly. Love riding the bike, but I never get further than 20k or so ... Just too much arm fatigue from getting the thing to stop! Will definitely look at some canti upgrades on mine now.

Looking forward to seeing how this one turns out.

johnv":31xnpgef said:
Nice find ...

Interesting to hear all the "bad brakes" comments. I have a 94 'cone, thought I had just not set the cantis up correctly. Love riding the bike, but I never get further than 20k or so ... Just too much arm fatigue from getting the thing to stop! Will definitely look at some canti upgrades on mine now.

Looking forward to seeing how this one turns out.

It is my first experience of owning or riding a kona but not with cantis I just never thought they were never up to much once I got onto v brakes although I would like to keep it in original spec I want to ride the thing regularly as its a blast and with the Vs I put on earlier it stops as well as it goes! New bb and service tomorrow divorce is pending lol

Just managed to get out on the cinder cone for a decent ride and got to say it was a treat! Added some IRC noto's and they are pretty quick along with the v brakes I had added earlier very pleased with my first kona!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 348
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 349
Back