Kona's page

It's a tricky one cos my 92 lavadome is 1" 1/8 and my other(what I believe to be a Kilauea) is a 1" :?

My 1999 Explosif

That is a beauty ;)

Here's mine yesterday:

887993_10151572428498115_991451768_o.jpg

(Not sure if iv'e already posted a pic of it on here before- probably have :LOL: )

I just picked up this beautiful 1996 Kona Hahanna. I am blaming this thread and 50 pages of stunning bikes for the loss of $100 USD and the acquisition of my new bike, Hannah. Thanks a lot! :x ;)

After cleaning her and swapping parts, the only parts that aren't original are the tires (pulled from my old Gary Fisher), the saddle (old Velo Gelite I had laying around), the water bottle cage, the grips (also pulled from my Gary Fisher), and the bell. Everything else is original to the bike, even the break pads (yes I checked; they haven't hardened yet).

I responded to a Craigslist ad this past Sunday at 10:30 at night and set up an appointment for the following day. Then I read all 50 pages of this thread and got really excited about my find. Roughly two days later, she has a new owner and has been cleaned up. I took her to my LBS and they thought that it looked newer than the new bikes there. She has less than 50 miles on her and only had a bit of WD-40 on her drivetrain.

Before:

GDCIsoS.jpg

iFL9yFP.jpg

zcbALh4.jpg

8gajS5K.jpg

MXqIfxH.jpg

EPNuB7E.jpg

oMXrd7r.jpg

After:

9peVCDS.jpg

JPHzHKY.jpg

8fHVYSr.jpg

wX0syaQ.jpg

Fr4dnFP.jpg

oBRzX4H.jpg

7en1o90.jpg

Bonus: Can you tell which two Konas are in the bike shop window?

I already have great plans for her. First priority is to get a new saddle and seat post. Then I'm going to slowly upgrade most of the other components. I'm thinking baby blue (to match the Kona logo) and orange parts. Please, if you know of any quality parts that are either of these colors, let me know!

Well, Kona heads, what do you think?

Latest posts

Back