RetroRoadRide Series - Rd 2: Peak District ~ 05/05/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
All set now for Sunday. Banana Falcon is prepped, I've even got my finger out and shortened the new chain, so now it changes gear and everything!
I'll also be celebrating birthday number 35 :shock: so, think of the solemnity of this great national occasion, it's not just a bicycle ride.

matthew71":mxosrx63 said:
come on paul , give us some advice on clothing.am thinking bib knickers,arm warmers and track mitt,s or dose it get cold up there ?
I'm favouring somekind of Edwardian tweed ensemble with long socks and a five button waistcoat.

matthew71":19wjt669 said:
bobbinogs":19wjt669 said:
Pah! Can't recall seeing Robert Miller out in 3/4 bibs, my wife wears them, nuff said. In fact, it is so warm at the moment I might not even bother with shorts (just need to remember to give the saddle a good wipe down before the journey home...).

thanks, but i will wait for paul,s level head to respond.and just a small point ...it,s robert millar , that,s the scot,s version of miller

I was talking about my mate Bob Miller, lives down the road and survives on a diet of insects. No idea what the Scottish version of him is, but I will accept your erudite advice :)

daj":1rhspp4t said:
bobbinogs":1rhspp4t said:
Pah! Can't recall seeing Robert Miller out in 3/4 bibs, my wife wears them, nuff said. In fact, it is so warm at the moment I might not even bother with shorts (just need to remember to give the saddle a good wipe down before the journey home...).

Good god !! :shock: :shock: :shock: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Aren't you guys sharing a car :shock:

elPedro666":3b3r36x3 said:
My work's gone a bit haywire so I expect I'll be scrabbling for time to get a long tester ride in and umming over fitness right up until the day before, as per! :oops:

True to form I've not been able to get out on tarmac for a month (or two) but all this talk of 'gentle pace' and 'shortcuts for the terminally fat and under prepared' has got me bamboozled so stuff it, I'm in*

* in truth my road bike is batting it's lovely eyelashes at me and it's so pretty in the sunshine I just can't resist

Going to be a good turn out, looking forward to it

I am all sorted and will be setting off in the morning with robin, my over weight inferior steel beast with cables and clicks is ready too I think!!

daj":3481t39t said:
Going to be a good turn out, looking forward to it

I am all sorted and will be setting off in the morning with robin, my over weight inferior steel beast with cables and clicks is ready too I think!!

Oy!!! Overweight steel beasts are my department :LOL:

Forecast is looking warm and dry tomorrow with cloud cover and a light south westerly breeze.
Perfect conditions for a ride ride in fact.

I'll see you all at the Cat and Fiddle at 10pm.
PM me if you need my phone number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back