That's bent, isn't it?

rc's rc200

Dirt Disciple
Had an incident with the rear mech hanger on my Pace RC200. Looked down and somehow the mech was almost above the dropout, not below
I have a feeling that mech hangers a bit bent. Question is, how much should I straighten it? Was the original completely flat, or was there always a kink in it (to keep the hanger vertical even though the chainstays are splayed?)

Attachments

• Photo on 04-05-2013 at 09.19.jpg
    Photo on 04-05-2013 at 09.19.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 672
Raging_Bulls":1g24sdmh said:
That's aluminium ... get a framebuilder to look at it. You don't want to cold-set that yourself.

Just checked on mine, and they are meant to be 100% straight.
As above, I fear that trying to straighten that out yourself will result in it cracking/breaking.
I think gil_m can get hold of replacement dropouts, maybe worth a PM to him?

More to the point; what's with the red and white stripes everywhere?
Even the tea towel on the (red) cooker!
:xmas-wink:

suburbanreuben":2dhivtra said:
More to the point; what's with the red and white stripes everywhere?
Even the tea towel on the (red) cooker!
:xmas-wink:
"watch out watch out, there's a humphrey about"
(retro ad for those too young)!

On second thoughts, it looks bent because you're holding the ruler up at an angle, I'm sure the mech hanger is fine.

;)

meant to be straight, replacements available from Pace (try Just back dated first though)

rc's rc200":1mb2dieg said:
Had an incident with the rear mech hanger on my Pace RC200. Looked down and somehow the mech was almost above the dropout, not below
I have a feeling that mech hangers a bit bent. Question is, how much should I straighten it? Was the original completely flat, or was there always a kink in it (to keep the hanger vertical even though the chainstays are splayed?)

....where's Wally.... :LOL:

Back