Titanium botton bracket to flexy?

RobMac":4znry5jg said:
FluffyChicken":4znry5jg said:
it'll not be the cranks. they are stiffer than m950.

What do you think it'll be then?

Legs? are you getting enough calcium and vitmin C in your diet? perhaps it's your musculo-skeletal system that's flexing under load? :LOL:

jimo746":286tf9mo said:
RobMac":286tf9mo said:
FluffyChicken":286tf9mo said:
it'll not be the cranks. they are stiffer than m950.

What do you think it'll be then?

Legs? are you getting enough calcium and vitmin C in your diet? perhaps it's your musculo-skeletal system that's flexing under load? :LOL:[/quote

I just about sprayed coffee all over the place when I read that. The ol' legs are getting a bit spindly with the wet Spring though.

Here is a pic of the bb area on the bike, I have a different wheelset now w/ real tires rather than the road set on in the pic.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 172
i think it is just one of them things. stick with it. do you really want the extra weight of a steel axle. of course you could move to the isis version.

is it actually causing a problem?

eshew":1yu8ab52 said:
Here is a pic of the bb area on the bike, I have a different wheelset now w/ real tires rather than the road set on in the pic.

That looks like the model of cranks I was thinking about :shock:
BTW that down tube looks SERIOUS :twisted:

Unless you're running your platform pedals with SPD's, it could well be your shoes compressing. IMHO square taper is noticeably less stiff than any of the shimano hollow axle designs. If you're switching from a bike with a stiffer setup you will notice it.

I've always been of the opinion that Ti SQTP axles are a bit silly because the shaft diameter is limited in size by the bearings, thus you can't make a bigger diameter Ti tube BB axle that is lighter and as stiff as it's steel equivalent.

I've had to downgrade to SQTP on one of my bikes because I can't find an M950 middle ring, but on my bouncy Marin I'd never be able to tell the difference.

Oh and I've heard terrible things about ISIS from my best mate.

Latest posts

Back