UKIP not for me but......

Blimey! someone who's read the manifesto.
I doubt that 1% of their voters have, voting UKIP only because they heard a funny language in the high st.
Making Xenophobia acceptable.

NeilM":19g2soc3 said:
An RB member who is also a UKIP member; interesting, given the anti-cycling nature of the manifesto.
Cyclist or not I'd imagine transport policy comes pretty far down the list of priorities when assessing political parties. I know cycle lanes are more important than the economy, tax rates, the EU, the NHS, pensions, immigration etc etc but not everyone is as enlightened as me.

they are popular within the older generation but less so in the younger university educated generation, draw your own conclusion

mattbrown":3d3e8ozj said:
they are popular within the older generation but less so in the younger university educated generation, draw your own conclusion
Older people with life experience (who vote in higher numbers) have better judgement than young idealists with pointless degrees?

technodup":15fsxmh7 said:
mattbrown":15fsxmh7 said:
Older people with life experience (who vote in higher numbers) have better judgement than young idealists with pointless degrees?

One way of looking at it, but you have to remember these people also drive Rovers... ;)

It's said that the longer we live the further right we shift politically. Which with an ageing population is good news for UKIP. Not sure it'll translate into sales for Rover though.

technodup":187r014j said:
It's said that the longer we live the further right we shift politically. Which with an ageing population is good news for UKIP. Not sure it'll translate into sales for Rover though.
The Rover connection has had mixed blessings for Honda though. Old folk like them but that's the kiss of death for their appeal to a younger market...

Back