Ever had anything thrown at you whilst cycling?

I've had half a can of cider thrown at me which I nearly caught but missed :twisted: A guy from work was 'scouted' by a group of neds(chavs) who drove past several times and threw an Argos catalogue at him, now I should find this deplorable but I did snigger a bit.

A coin thrown out of the drivers-side window! - car driving towards us all on the sunday clubrun! - coin hits my friend directly
on the forehead and knocks him clean off the bike! - blood everywhere! - dial 999! - emergency please!
Ambulance arrives! - Takes mate to hospital! - X-ray on his skull reveals cracked skull!

Contacts Police! - Police say 'did you get the number plate'! - No sorry! - Police say 'Sorry can't help. heres a crime number'

This was a number of years ago and the driver was never caught. Why would someone do such a thing.

Apart from abuse, no.
However, my missus was out running one night and some complete ar***ole in a van threw a lit firework at her.
Conveniently I happened to be driving in the opposite direction at the time!
A quick U turn and follow into the local MacDonald's car park later, and he decided a prolific apology was in order.
Still reported him to the police though, and suitable action and retribution followed. Most expensive firework he ever bought!!!

Had an apple thrown at me as a kid riding my activator - went straight through whe wheel and came out as mush the other side as I was moving at the time!

Go activator!!

Once got shot by a water pistol in heavy traffic from a scrote in a van with his mates. I caught the transit at the lights, got into the back and punched him.

Oh Joy! Another one to add to the list, as if abuse, handlebar clipping, brake testing and attempts to crush me into the kerb were not sufficient.

I did wave a car past once while riding my horse. The driver past us and then gave me the bird out of his sunroof. He obviously did not realise that horses don't just walk and as I trotted towards the back of his car, while he was stuck in traffic, I could see him getting more and more agitated at the thought of the fast approaching confrontation.

Unfortunately for me, the traffic cleared and he shot off down the road. :evil:

My son was unfortunate enough to have to share a (shared use) bridge with a group of football fans last week, having first been told he was a "c**t on a bike" one of them tried to punch him in the face!

Good god I am actually pretty shocked to read all this :shock:

Either I have been lucky or live in a nicer area for attitudes towards bikers :?

Back