did emmelle make any good bikes?

W W Biffta

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
As discussed elsewhere, their top models were tidy Taiwanese frames and this is likely one of those.

But like Al Carter they're more of interest for robbing groupsets from.

lrh":3225q7nk said:
As discussed elsewhere, their top models were tidy Taiwanese frames and this is likely one of those.

But like Al Carter they're more of interest for robbing groupsets from.

This was the top end bike. Comparable to others mid range bikes. Tai cromo frames and decent parts, honest transport but never going to set the world alight. Would be interested to hear from someone what they ride like.

Carl.

Yes, lad I started riding with had a tidy 88 or 89 emelle (I think) something or other. Steel (obviously) black and green splatter, mountain lx or deore II.

Damn right they did, but it was a long time ago....

This Classic Aluminium 200 is a better ride than my Muddy Fox Pathfinder from the same period and actually very similar to my 89 Tufftrax. I love the dayglo colour and it is still on its original tyres.

Attachments

• DSCN28222013-04-03_14-22-12.jpg
    DSCN28222013-04-03_14-22-12.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 2,931
Urgh, that bike on eBay is nasty!!! Put it away, put it away!!!

:D

John":3qga71bh said:
Yes, lad I started riding with had a tidy 88 or 89 emelle (I think) something or other. Steel (obviously) black and green splatter, mountain lx or deore II.

Emmelle Cortina LX. The Cortina was nice too with Exage Trail & smokey White or Red paint choices.

I had an emmelle classic 300 yellow and black and for my gf the 200 green and black colour scheme, one day on an errand for her Mum, she was riding said steed with a bag of folded blankets down to her Nans house when the bag of folded blankets entered the front wheel, and jammed hard against the fork leg and sent her into a spectacular somersault, landing sadly yes you've guessed it on her face, the worst of which she bent the fork leg so far back on itself it was unrideable and needed a new pair of forks. This was after roughly 5 days of ownership. :facepalm:

Still mine seemed ok (ish) this was all happening back in '91

I remember going to the hospital driving a big four door lancia with an ingenious electric rear window blind, that made me feel very special :LOL:

Edit = aiggh I have just realised I was a mere 17 at the time, blimey I feel old :shock:

Latest posts

Back