MacFatro - Fatbike news and builds thread

Yup sprung shopper bike saddle and 3 speed at the front only gearing plus Campag Nuovo Record rear mech as tensioner. Heavy bike unfortunately and needed improvements likely to make heavier which include longer forks and hub rear gear but its a work in progress.
Theres vid on the fatbike site of me actually riding the thing, looks fine when we're moving :D

It looked like it was riding fine and it was only the multitude of thorns that killed the tube not a mechanical due to the build. You should be pleased as it seemed to be working well.
By nature, all fat bikes are heavy ;)

The decals brilliant and I suggested on the weekend it would be better still if you lug lined in silver.

Jamie

You have to turn down your filters and go to the hardcore Fatbike forum for those ;)

Jamie

If I take a good picture of my fat bike i first need to dig out my old digital camera and find the USB lead which I have no idea of the location. So any decent pics will have been done by others on UKFatbikes at the Forth Fat meet.

Heres a thought for us fatbikers and anyone else prepared for a wee bit of sand, what about Tentsmuir Forest and beach in Fife some summer day. Not the most technical area of riding but a great place to chill by the sea and the place I learned to mountainbike. If you could do something stupid and fall off a mtb that was the place I discovered it :LOL:

Great place for the fat bikes. Can ride from Tayport right round to the end of Leuchars runway.
Count me in!

Sounds like a plan to me!
I was only talking to someone on the weekend at Forth Fat about Tentsmuir, either Clubby or yourself Velo, IIRC.
Have been in the forest there with a round of the Sled Dog Association of Scotland a few years ago.

Jamie

Back