Magura Rim Brake Help

HeatBikePolo

Retro Newbie
So I have acquired through legal means, a set of Magura rim brakes model Race Line, neon yellow with the adjuster knob on the levers. Is there a website to help a mechanically inclined person new to Magura rim brakes? What weight oil, how to bleed/refill the lines, how to change the housing to something that is longer? Any help or links would be great.

I have some HS 22's and found that site to be a big help. There are also some videos on Youtube (in German) describing how to bleed and install the modern HS11/33's. I found those helpful too.

As for Oil if you want to stay within the specifications you need to use Magura Blood/Royal Blood, but lots of people use other types of hydraulic mineral oil (or god forbid water and pharmacy mineral oil).

Also go on YouTube. Type in magura rim brake bleeding or something like that.
There are a couple of videos from the official magura tech which show it very well.

We used to use water and anti-freeze in our maguras, that was on our trials bikes anyway. It made the brakes return back uber quick.

After 3 years all the seals were still fully sealed.

Andy R":2ann0m04 said:
The cheapest oil to use is probably Citroen LHM, although I use Aeroshell 41.

I've tried to find Aeroshell 41 locally, but the only guys who sell it are the specialty places and they've always been closed the few times I stopped by on the weekends. I've heard that the Aeroshell will work on Shimano disc brakes as well.

dirttorpedo":3gn6uvhz said:
Andy R":3gn6uvhz said:
The cheapest oil to use is probably Citroen LHM, although I use Aeroshell 41.

I've heard that the Aeroshell will work on Shimano disc brakes as well.

It's what I use in Shimano and Magura disc brakes (courtesy of Flybe ;) )

Back