Any UK planning experts on here

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
..as in proper experts, not forum experts (we're all those). Neighbours behind us looking to put up a biggish extension / rebuild party fence etc. Wouldn't mind finding out where we stand with various things.

Local planning office would be best i would have thought?
I'm mates with someone who is in the local council building reg's dept but that's a bit more specific, to do with the structure.

+1 for seeing local planning office, usually very helpful

also note if they do work within close distance (1-2m ??) of your actual house then party wall legislation relevant and they will have to pay for a surveyor (to represent you) to check no damage done etc

i know things like blocking natural sunlight can give you reason to appeal.also overlooking your property with views into rooms is not liked.but as was said before contact the local planning office

Yes, in hindsight blindingly obvious. I'll pop down in the week.

Our family house is surrounded by fields that currently Bovis are trying to put 160 houses on :(

The BBC program on planning was brilliant for showing utter nuggets finding all manner of absurd justifications as to why they should be able to live somewhere but someone else absolutely, definitely shouldn't.

You get a notification if any proposed development will affect you. I had one a year or so back because Sainsbury's wanted to build a local store next to me. A few dobbers objected to the drinks licence but fortunately big business won. It ain't half handy thirty feet from my front door, and as an amenity rather than a vacant site it won't do my house price any harm either. Happy days.

Back