UKIP not for me but......

greenstiles

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
I'm amazed with the support they are getting in the elections right now (see the news)........is it like ' the witch is dead song' that people in the uk have finally realised that if they all 'vote' together thay came influence an outcome just like the tv crap shows they vote for, like britains got talent etc etc..........some say it's an anti government vote others say, no it's what they want......either way it's quite a change in voting habits..................one thing i do find fasinating is the amout on 2nd/3rd generation asian people who are coming out and saying, no more or far less imigration from white europeans !...........strange times indeed......

Has it all just got too complicated ? shall we just go back to the barter system then ? :D

I don't find it amazing at all....they stand mainly on a vote to get out of the EEC. Of all the ills (perceived or otherwise) of this country, this seems to be the biggest one many people want sorted.

i think if enough people vote for them surely that will speak volumes.
its hard to express a view on this subject without being labelled "racist"
that is why i will refrain from adding my personal views.
apart from this country needs to change quickly.

He's an ex-Tory so my guess is he's just picking all the stuff that 'he knows' is unpopular with his old party, saying he's fix it all and raise his staus .......just like all seem to do.....i'm sure if he got to power he would start doing dirty deals like all of them regardless of party.....still think my pig for two of your sheep is the best way...... ;)

I think a lot of it is a protest vote, the Lib dems historically did well out of people refusing to vote for main 2 parties, but now they are establishment as well

good point........lib dems were way outsiders for a long time.......doesn't one of them live in mr. camerons spare room ....

Makes perfect sense to me. Most people despise/dislike/distrust the EU, it's intentions and the politicians who consistently fail to address the issue once and for all.

Compare Cameron, Milliband and Clegg to Salmond, Boris and Farage. It's no wonder voters are deserting the drones.

In my county a UKIP candidate got elected for Filey. In our town we didn't have a candidate, even though local UKIP MEP wrote to me and asked me if I'd be prepared to stand (As I'm sure he wrote to all UKIP members in the area). When I showed the letter to mates at work they were appalled that there was even a possibility of "Hanging judge Richard" being considered!
I declined the invite though, I couldn't cope with travelling to Northallerton every week to try and articulate the views of townsfolk who don't even know to "Look left, look right and left again" before they cross the street. Mind you I'd have probably done alright, the letters in our local paper make Norman Tebbit look like a member of the Workers Revolutionary Party!

An RB member who is also a UKIP member; interesting, given the anti-cycling nature of the manifesto.

Back