1992 GT Timberline Daktari White

xxnick1975

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Bought this cheaply last summer of Ebay. It was listed as a Scott due to random sticker on the top tube. It was complete but the original Chein Sein tyres had gone, the original STI shifters had seen better days, bottom bracket was in the wrong way round, mechs were stuck etc

Anyway had a spare set of shifters, cleaned her up a bit, found some tyres kicking about, new bottom bracket and rear gear cable and off we go.

Will give this a test run out tomorrow and all being well this will be passed on to my mate for his trip in to the station every morning. Perfect job for this nice old bike in its retirement!

Hope you like the pictures

Attachments

• GT U brake.jpg
    GT U brake.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 1,371
  • gt control deck.jpg
    gt control deck.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 1,367
  • gt drive.jpg
    gt drive.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 1,369
  • front GT.jpg
    front GT.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 1,370
  • gt side 1.jpg
    gt side 1.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 1,371
Re: 1993 GT Timberline Daktari White

need to get a crimp end on that stradle cable!

sweet ride on the old girl this morning, 10miles over country lane and bridleway, all held together well.

I really enjoy seeing the early u brake gt's
And the cracking paint jobs,thru the whole range.

It looks sweet and am sure will your mate will be really happy when you give him this(I would be!)

Yeah i think thats one of the nicer things about these old bikes- especailly the GTs, the relative quality and care that went into the finish at this point in time

This was an entry level bike, but it got a matched fork and stem, in a cool paint effect. Compared to nowadays when bikes are uniformly grey, black or white (at this point in the market).

As you probably know, the Daktari paint was taken from the 1991 Avalanche, which is one of my favorites, and the main reason I bough this. Still plenty of those about, so will get one myself, one day!

Back