Salsa Horsethief

clockworkgazz":1cm845e3 said:
Is it tubeless already and could you no save a bit of weight running a normal seatpost on a normal day ride compared to the fun downhill alpine stuff?

Running tubeless at the moment, I could swap out the post but tbh it was never built with weight in mind, I don't think I looked at a single weight for any component, certainly never based a decision on it thus the rather nice surprise coming in below 30lbs. I would have said 30-32 would have been ballpark. No all kit choices were made with function and price in mind.

Dinnae skimp on the tyres, no point having a bike that capable and sticking Racing Ralphs on. Weight of reverb more than outweighed by function. Give it a few rides and you'll want one own every bike.
Too much emphasis on weight of bikes and not enough on how they ride.

Agreed re the weight comment.

My Solaris weighs 30lb on the nose. Doesn't feel like it out and about though.

Seeing this thread makes me sad as I want one now :LOL:

Are you at the MacRetro meet Kaiser?

clubby":39kv10o8 said:
Dinnae skimp on the tyres, no point having a bike that capable and sticking Racing Ralphs on. Weight of reverb more than outweighed by function. Give it a few rides and you'll want one own every bike.
Too much emphasis on weight of bikes and not enough on how they ride.

Aye I'll keep the HD's on I think, I have read that they can be a bit draggy on the ups but that its more than made up for on the downs. :) I'm hoping I don't want a reverb on them all! I did toy with a cheaper dropper for the Pugs and I'm really trying to stop myself buying one for the Scandal :eek: time will tell, the Scandal is exceeding my expectations and has already got a few upgrades planned.

letmetalktomark":1g37r1zc said:
Agreed re the weight comment.

My Solaris weighs 30lb on the nose. Doesn't feel like it out and about though.

Seeing this thread makes me sad as I want one now :LOL:

Are you at the MacRetro meet Kaiser?

Ah the 29er addiction is strong with you too :LOL: Alas its unlikely I'll be at the MacRetro meet, I may be able to wangle my way up on the Sunday but its 50/50 at the moment.

Hans on the front. Nobby nic on the rear. Well that's what I'm about to try on the yeti!

How did the bike handle the Enduo at the weekend? Did you miss the granny ring at all?

clubby":9dpez78c said:
How did the bike handle the Enduo at the weekend? Did you miss the granny ring at all?

Is that 2x10 K :? Or is it 3x9 and youve just removed the granny and limited the mech/shifter.

Back