Cannondale headset?

FST4RD

Senior Retro Guru
Had a quick search but didn't find exactly what I was looking for...

I have a Super V 4000DH frame, can I use one of those 1.5" headsets that accepts a 1 1/8" fork steerer? or do I have to have the proper Cannondale reducer and run a 1 1/8" headset?

Thanks

I think you'll need the proper Cannondale reducer, as the Cannondale headset is slightly larger than 1.5" (hence the reason you can't run a standard 1.5" stem on a Headshok/Lefty steerer).

Hope this helps :)

Barneyballbags":smiy031u said:
I think you'll need the proper Cannondale reducer, as the Cannondale headset is slightly larger than 1.5" (hence the reason you can't run a standard 1.5" stem on a Headshok/Lefty steerer).

Hope this helps :)

Not what I wanted to hear, but it does help. Thanks

Had this with my Scalpel too which was the Si system. Bought a Hope Stepdown and it didn't fit as the cups in the headtube are very slightly larger diameter than 1.5" and quite shallow too. Qwerty Cycles were very helpful in getting the right bits sorted out for me. I now have a Canondale specific Cane Creek reducer headset which does the job nicely in one unit and avoids having some adapters and then a standard 1 1/8th headset which are 2 things needing pressing in with the added chance of misalignment.

i have used 1.5 a cane creek headset in one of my super v frames.
the super v frames and some earlier jekyll frames use a shallow rebate for the headset cups. its possible with care to cut down 1.5 headsets to fit.
good hacksaw blade, soft jaws in a vice and a file.

or a local machine shop should be able to do it.

1.5 steerer tubes are not compatable with cannondale headshock cups or bearings..

these are what you need.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cannondale-He ... 1987wt_958

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back