Quill Stem - Wedge Only (1" forks)

Hi Coomber

Unfortunately it is not quite that simple there are different size bolts, different thread rates, and some are even different angles on the slant :( :?

kermitgreenkona88":351fsz3u said:
Hi Coomber

Unfortunately it is not quite that simple there are different size bolts, different thread rates, and some are even different angles on the slant :( :?

Stem is so nice I want to keep it really, bolt is rusty but OK. Right, will check when sunny then.

Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.

kermitgreenkona88":w9kqvil1 said:
Is the wedge totally FUBAR :?:

The thread part is ok. It's just the metal is cracked as in the photo. It will still sit flush, and as the part that is cracked is uncommon, I.e. I don't see it that often on quill stems as it serves no purpose, think it might be ok?

Any thoughts?

It does look like the bit that is jiggered is just an extra supporting piece will probably still work without it as you say ;) What stem is it :?: :D

As a rule they generally tended to 'over build' MTB parts in those days, I would just knock it back into shape and clamp it up gingerly at first listening for any ripping sounds ;) :D I f I had not just secured a nice frame yesterday I would be utterly jealous of the fact you have an Orbit they are lovely :cool: :cool:

Back