My Merckx Rebuild - Finished - With Lots of Pics

Re: My Merckx Rebuild - Lots of Pics

Yes the paint does have a fleck. It looks far better in natural light. When its finished I will take some new pics outside. I ahve everything i need at the minute. I am using a C-Record front mech as I still havent located a braze on Victory mech. Also need the proper white hoods to really finish it. Hoping to get the wheels back from my brother at the weekend and then its good to go.

I have the brakes, handlebars and stem fitted. Just need to wrap them now. Tyres ordered today. I went for the Michelin Dynamic Classic as I couldnt see anythin better for the price..

I am looking forward to the outside pics - hope you get the weather to get them!! We had sunshine and rain at the same time yesterday - i am not sure whether that is good or bad!!!

Richard

Wont be getting finished this weekend, wheels not ready.....

Got a nice set of Victory Brakes of the fleabay. They look better in real life. These pictures arnt great.

Attachments

• Brakes.jpg
    Brakes.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 905

Picked out the detail on the fork crown and seat stays with white. Looks good!

Attachments

• Fork Crown.jpg
    Fork Crown.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 905

Finally got the front end sorted out. Bought a Cinelli XA stem from here. It took a lot of work to get it the way I wanted it. Needed stripping and polishing. The Cinelli Logo at the front was missing paint so needed repainted. The rubber insert was not the correct one. Kermitgreen sent me a Karma One. Thanks!

Mounted the Cinelli bars and restored Super Record levers, cables attached and we are nearly good to go......

Attachments

• WP_000995.jpg
    WP_000995.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 401
  • WP_000994.jpg
    WP_000994.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 401

More little parcels arriving in the post daily......

Attachments

• WP_000996.jpg
    WP_000996.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 401

Drive train is all sorted....

Attachments

• WP_001006.jpg
    WP_001006.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 381

I've fitted one of those reproduction Turbo white saddles. I think I will look out for an original at some stage....

Attachments

• WP_001000.jpg
    WP_001000.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 381

Just fitted my home made Merckx bottles. Looking pretty good even if I do say so myself. Just the pedals to go and we are done...

Attachments

• WP_001007.jpg
    WP_001007.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 379
Back