flying scot

weaty

Retro Newbie
Hi
I have just been given a 1967 flying scot by the son of a friend. He has asked me to make it into a fixie for him. I am happy to do this for him but would he be better selling it on as a bike and just buying a fixie. It is quite run down and would need some tlc, but would it still have some value ?
Also if I do make it into a fixie would the remaining components be worth selling ?
It has a campag gran sport rear mech and campag down tube shifters and mafac brakes.
Thanks for any help
Paul

I thought this post would have a reply by now, so I'll bump it up.

From what I've seen, Flying Scot have a bit of a following, so it might be worth considering selling the bike as it is, for restoration.

If you wait a little while, someone who actually knows what they're talking about me will be along with a proper answer.

Flying Scot definitely have a following & there don't seem to be many around - as long as they are pre-80's (proper Scots - pre-Puch & pre-Yates ones - no disrespect to Dave Yates intended).
Sorry to state the obvious, but the following in Scotland is especially strong.
I'm sure it could be a lovely bike whatever you decide to do - be nice to see some pics maybe?

If it's original with original paint and groupset then it will be worth saving as they are very collectible, the early Rattary models are most collectible but later ones also have a following

Hi, thanks for the bump and the replies. I have told the lad what has been said so the fate of the old Scot is in his hands now. I think he should sell as it also, and i think it will be too small for him. I will try and post a pic, no promises though as i have never posted a pic on a forum. Cheers

Latest posts

Back