Rear mech query - help!!

azaro

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I may be being a bit thick here, but could do with some help.

I'm trying to fit an STX rear mech to a Clockwork I got for my f-in-law. It had an STX mech when I got it but it was rusted and knackered so I got better one off here.
However, when I try to fit it, the B Tension Adjustment screw (the one that butts up against the stop on the mech hanger) is on the wrong side. There appears to be no way of changing this as there is a spring around the Mech Fixing Bolt which locates into 2 holes (I've tried the spring both ways and it's no different). There seems to be no way of altering it to fit so that the B Tension Adjustment screw is the right way round.
Am I missing something obvious?

I am trying to imagine what you are saying, and the only thing I can think is that has someone screwed the b tension screw into the wrong side of the hole :?:

Yea, wondered about that, but the hole it screws into is on the wrong side of the mech mounting bolt

It's entirely possible to fit the spring and pivot bolt assembly I'm the wrong place, as its more of a faff to tension the spring and get it right. Worth takin apart and tryin to see if you can get it to sit right.

Back