24" Vitus road bike for child

Reah

Dirt Disciple
New 2016 project : adult frame to kids road 24"
BW_DSC6899%2Bcw.jpg

BW%2Bsaddle%2Bvin1_DSC6945.jpg

3%2Broady%2BBW%2B_vin2%2BDSC6239.jpg

Was:
The purpose of this project was making the small road bicycle on the Vitus's normal adult frame basis.
all%2Broady.JPG

DSC07506%2Bvitus.JPG

UPD Alan carbonio restoration...

Alan+++1.jpg

Alan+++6.jpg

Alan+++12.jpg

Alan+++15.jpg

Vitus+vs+Alan+++00002.jpg

Here you can see full story

Re: Vitus road bike for child (full custom version)

Jesus H Christ, this is brilliant, I've often wondered how possible it would be to do this. Even with the 992 round to ovoid tubes, this is more than possible if you have the knowhow to de-bond and jig-up a smaller frame of usable geometry. I assume you sized the frame around the wheels? Theoretically you could go smaller still.

Brilliant idea and very well executed and good to see the wee chap enjoying himself (impressive riding style for one so young), but I hope this doesn't see a sudden spree of Vitus or similar frames cut-up to make mini-bikes! Mixed feelings on this but I applaud you for doing such a good job ;)

Yep brilliant .

Good work .

FINNEY1973":1ecxf2so said:
but I hope this doesn't see a sudden spree of Vitus or similar frames cut-up to make mini-bikes!
I've bought (ebay) already cracked frame especially for this project, vertical tube had small defect.
So during this project any normal frame didn't suffer. :D

I've plan to change saddle ( small one), replace red housing to black, remove decals from wheels.
And wait untill my son will grow up enought... :cool:

What a cracking bike - the fact that no full size frames were disposed of to make it, is even cooler.

Don't let my daughter see it, at 8 years old she already has designs on my 60cm road bike.

agentorange":1x2potis said:
I assume you sized the frame around the wheels? Theoretically you could go smaller still.
Partly you are right.
I sized frame around the wheel ( 20 inch is very suitable for this age)naturally, but the main limiting factor is fork. I can' imagine how to make road fork shorter than for 20" ( due to fixed lenght of front axle )

so cool!
can I buy it when your son has outgrown it?
that would possibly be abot the time when my one is big enough.
cheers

:D That is superb, what did you use to rebond the joints?

Back